Learn to Import PST File into Office 365 Webmail Quickly and Efficiently
If you are a Microsoft Outlook user then, you must be aware of PST file. This is a Personal Storage Table on the hard disk that includes all the mailbox data items of Outlook i.e, emails, contacts, calendars etc. Well, being a professional user, sometimes you might need to upload or move your PST in different platforms like Office 365 Webmail. However, large migration tasks are never easy and it has always been so challenging to move email archive files into the cloud. Hence, several users are searching the solution to import PST file into Office 365 Webmail. If you are also searching for the same issue then, do not be panic, as we have come up with this technipage. Here, we are going to disclose all simple workarounds to accomplish the task. However, before going to the solution section, let us take a quick on some common reasons for what users are migrating to Office 365 Webmail.
Move PST to Outlook on the Web, Why?
1. Speed: There come several times when Outlook application stops responding even on a high powered desktop machine. However, OWA is super fast and it does not freeze the browser.
2. Search: Always while performing a search in Outlook on the desktop provides mixed results. Where Outlook on the web displays search results super fast and provides better refinement searches to filter by “to” and “from”.
3. Accessibility: OWA allows users to access emails from anywhere and from any device. However, Outlook is a desktop-based email client that can be accessed only from the machine in which it is installed.
Manual Technique to Import PST into Office 365 Webmail
This solution is applicable to the two latest versions of Microsoft Outlook 2013 and 2016. With the help of this method, users can migrate emails, address book, and calendars into Office 365 account. It is recommended to follow the below steps sequentially and carefully to avoid any kind of data loss:
Step 1: Export PST From Outlook
Important: If you have an orphan PST or you have exported PST from Outlook previously then, skip this step.
- Launch MS Outlook application
- Navigate to the File tab and click on Options
- Choose Advanced >> Export
- Now, under Import and Export window, select Export to a file option and hit the Next button
- Go to Export to a file wizard and choose the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click on Next
- Now, choose the top-most folder and check the option Include subfolders. Click Next
- Hit a click on Browse button in Export Outlook Data File window
- Choose an appropriate location to save the resultant PST file and click on OK >> Finish
- A password box will pop up then. Leave all the fields blank and click on OK
Step 2: Import PST to Office 365 Webmail
- Launch your MS Outlook 365
- Now, from the top corner, select File tab and click on Open & Export >> Import/Export
- Choose Import from another program option that is under Import and Export wizard
- Select the Outlook data file as .pst and hit Next button
- Then, browse the PST from the saved location
- Select the required option and click on Next
- Now, you can choose a specific folder or include all the folders
- Click on Next button
- After this, the PST will start importing to your Office 365 account
Note: This procedure may take some time to execute and it depends on the size of the PST file that you are importing to Outlook 365.
Expert Technique to Upload PST File into Office 365 Webmail
As the manual technique is lengthy and time-taking also, it requires technical expertise to execute. Thus, one can use a trusted third-party solution that can quickly import PST file into Exchange Online account. SysTools Office 365 Import tool is one such reliable software that can upload Outlook PST files to Office 365 user account along with all data items. The software provides a Date Filter option so that one can migrate selective data from the PST file to Office 365 account. One can perform the Incremental Import from same PST after the first attempt using this eminent tool. It lets users include or exclude the deleted and Sent Items folder while uploading the PST file to Exchange Online. It retains all the email attributes such as Attachments and Metadata even after the migration. The software supports all the versions of Microsoft Outlook and Windows OS.
Steps to Import PST into Office 365
Step 1: Download and launch Office 365 Import software
Step 2: Login and upload single or multiple PST to O365
Step 3: Select the Category and apply suitable Date Filter
Step 4: Import PST file into Office 365 account successfully
Summing It Up
This article includes two different techniques to import PST file into Office 365 Webmail. If users have enough technical knowledge and time then, they can go for the manual solution. However, if one needs to execute the procedure quickly and seamlessly then, they can opt the automatic solution. The discussed third-party software is completely safe and secure to run.