How to Import OST File Into Office 365 – Step By Step Guide
Summary – This post will shed some light on the topic of how to upload OST file to office 365. If you are looking for a solution to transfer the OST file data to Exchange online O365 then this article will definitely help you.
Due to popularity and security provided by the Cloud-based applications. Many organization wants to move their Outlook data OST file to Office 365. There are several reasons for migrating data to cloud-based Office 365. The applications based on cloud offers more services. We know that storing of exchange mailbox data on cloud-based Office 365 has many advantages. Like the user can universally access the data from anywhere with the help of internet connection. Let us understand the situation with the help of an example.
“Hello everyone I have been using Microsoft Outlook for email communication. But due to advanced features provided by the Office 365 application I want to migrate Microsoft Outlook OST file to Office 365 Is there any perfect solution to resolve this problem. Thanks in Advance.”
Are you also looking for a solution to know how to upload OST file to Office 365? If your answer is yes then you are on the correct solution page. In this article, I am going to coach the best and possible ways to move OST file data to cloud-based Office 365 application. In this post, we will discuss the solution with the help of manual and expert solution. Continue reading here…
Reasons Why The User Wants to Import OST File in Office 365
There are several reasons for migrating OST file data to Office 365 application. Microsoft Office 365 applications have many benefits. First of all, it provides security, flexibility, and many others features. And the user can access Office 365 application data from anywhere in the world with the help of internet connection. To access the data in a safe and secure manner many users wants to transfer the Microsoft Outlook OST file to O365 Exchange online.
Manual Method to Know How to Upload OST File to Office 365 Application
There are no direct methods to transfer the OST file data. To resolve this issue the user has to first convert OST file data to Microsoft Outlook PST file format. Then the user has to import the PST file to Office 365 application.
Step 1 – First Convert the OST file to PST file format
Convert the OST file to PST file format with the help of Export feature of Microsoft Outlook. This method will only work when the user account is connected to the exchange server. Follow the steps to move OST to PST file format.
- Launch the Outlook application and the go-to Export option from file tab.
- Choose Export to a file option and then click on Next.
- Now choose the option PST (Personal Folder file) and then click Next.
- Select the folders to you want to Export.
- Provide the location to save the File and then the click Finish to complete the process.
Step 2 – Now transfer the PST file to Office 365 Environment
There are two methods available to move the PST to Office 365.
- Upload to Office 365 by using the Azure AZ copy. ( Network upload Method)
- Drive shipping method
1. Network Upload Method
- Download and Install the Azure Azcopy and copy the SAS URL. ( The SAS URL will provide the necessary permission to transfer the PST file to Azure.
- Now the upload the PST file to Office 365.
- Then the user has to create the PST mapping CSV file.
- Now create an import job in Office 365 to import PST file.
- Then filter the data and start the PST import job.
2. Drive shipping method to Move PST to Office 365
This method helps the user to import the PST file to Office 365. To perform this the user has to copy the PST file to the hard disk drive and then send the drive to the Microsoft. After that Microsoft will copy the data from the disk drive to the cloud. For more info the user can check Drive shipping Method.
Limitations of Manual Method to Upload OST file to Office 365
- Its a lengthy and time-consuming process.
- Requires strong technical skills to perform this process.
- Risk of Data loss.
To upload OST file to Office 365 the user can take the help of OST to PST converter application. This allows the user to move the OST file data to Office 365. Also this utility gives various option to export OST file as PST / EML / MSG / Office 365 and HTML. This software gives date filter option to migrate specific OST file data. Moreover, the user interface of this software is so easy and simple to use for the technical and non-technical user.
Follow The Steps to Migrate OST to Office 365
- Download and Install the Software on your Machine.
- Now click on Add file and add the OST file into the software.
- Click on Export button and Choose Office 365 Option.
- Add the Office 365 credentials and Click on Next to Upload OST file data.
Time to Conclude
Many Office 365 users want to know how to upload OST file to Office 365. To resolve this issue we have given the solution to this problem with the help of manual and automated solution. The above discussed manual method has major limitations. So it is advised to opt the professional OST to PST Converter to resolve this issue.