How Much Time Can It Take In Getting PAN Card Details Corrected?
It’s very important to ensure that you fill in the right information in official forms. If you fail to do so, you might end up running from pillar to post to get it corrected at the government offices. However, things are easier now as there are online services available for everything. Even for correcting details of your PAN card, the process is simple with a PAN card correction form. If you have entered the wrong information in your PAN Card form, here’s how you can get it corrected. Also, get to know how long it would take for the corrections to be incorporated.
Time Taken for Getting PAN Card Details Corrected
Making a correction in the details can usually take up to 10 days depending on how early the amendment form is received by the officers and it is not a very hectic process. The amendments can be made both online and offline.
Process for Correcting PAN Card Details Online
- Visit the official PAN Card website www.onlineservices.nsdl.com.
- From the dropdown menu of application type, select the option ‘PAN correction’ and then fill out your details.
- Before filling out this form, a token number is generated and sent to the registered email id. This should be noted.
- After submitting all the details, choose ‘Upload Documents through Sign-in’. After that, give the PAN of the account for which you want to change the details.
- Then, enter all the mandatory information. If you want it to change in the new update, you should check the radio button on the left margin of the corresponding box.
- After the previous step, when you click on ‘Next’, you will be asked to upload your proof of identity, age, and residence.
- If you have mentioned Aadhaar number in the form, then you need to upload the proof for Aadhaar along with the other mandatory documents.
- If the Aadhaar has been uploaded as proof of birth, identity or address, then it is mandatory to enter the Aadhaar number also.
- After uploading of documents, the preview of your application will be displayed on the next screen and you can cross check all the details and if necessary make changes.
- The next step is ‘Payment’. If the address is within India, the fee is INR 110 else it is INR 1020. Payment can be processed in three ways: DD, debit or credit card and internet banking.
- After successful payment, an acknowledgment form will be shown on the screen. The applicant should save and download the form. You should also attach two photographs and a cross sign on the photo.
- The form should be then sent to NSDL e-GOV by enclosing the acknowledgment form in an envelope and writing ‘Application for PAN Change’ and the acknowledgment number.
Process for Correcting PAN Card Details Offline:
To make corrections in the PAN card offline, you should download the PAN card correction form from the internet. You should fill in all the details in the same way and submit it to the closest NSDL center.
The acknowledgment form with the attached documents should reach the NSDL office within 15 days of submitting the form online. The form should be filled carefully because it can be either used for re-issuance or to make corrections.
PAN card is the most important document after the Aadhaar card. It is issued by the Income Tax Department to record every financial transaction that is made. Therefore, it is very important to keep it updated with the latest information and have no fake information on it.