These high-quality diaphragm pressure switches have been produced especially for safety-critical purposes. The great quality of the products and manufacturing under ISO 9001 ensure reliable monitoring of your plant. In production, the switches are tracked by quality assurance software at every step, and finally, they are 100 % tested. All wetted elements are from stainless steel as a standard.
To assure as flexible operation as possible, the diaphragm pressure switch are arranged with micro switches, which enable the switching of an electrical charge of up to AC 250 V, 20 A directly.
For lower switching power evaluations, such as for PLC applications, argon gas-filled micro switches with gold-plated connections can be chosen as an option. By using a diaphragm checking system, the model MW diaphragm pressure switch is notably robust and guarantees optimal operating characteristics. For applications with special conditions on the wetted parts, versions with materials from PTFE, Monel or Hastelloy are possible.
For setting series from 4 … 40 bar a piston replaces or performs the diaphragm as a measuring element. The wetted aspects of this variant from stainless steel are especially suited for liquid media.
Applications of the diaphragm pressure switch:
- Pressure monitoring, including direct switching of electrical loads.
- General method instrumentation in the chemical and petrochemical industries, power generation incl. nuclear power plants, oil and gas industries, water/wastewater industries, mining.
- For gaseous and liquid, determined and highly viscous or contaminated media, including in aggressive ambience
How Diaphragm Pressure Switch Used in Sump Pumps?
Presair Pressure Switch Switzer can be utilized to monitor rising water levels and assist a sump pump to action. These switches sense pressure toward the diaphragm to accurately read how much water is presented in a system. As the water level increases in a sump basin, the air pressure forcing against the diaphragm builds within the switch.
Therefore, the switch is preset to actuate at a particular water level. When the particularized water level is reached, it will generate a specific pressure in the basin. The diaphragm is calibrated to finish a circuit at that exact moment and start the pump.
Special Features of the diaphragm pressure switch:
- Case of 316L, IP 66, NEMA 4X
- Setting ranges from 16 bar to 600 bar, also all other similar vacuum or combined pressure also vacuum ranges
- Repeatability of the switch position < 1 % of the setting range
- Ex inversion possible
- 1 or 2 independent switch points, vast switching power up to AC 250 V, 20 A