Aadhar card information is required everywhere these days. However, most people fear that their data can be misused, especially the Aadhar card number. To solve this issue, the UIDAI department has come up with a great alternative of Aadhar card application, known as the Virtual ID.
The concept has been recently launched and has gained popularity ever since. It is believed that soon almost every service department will start accepting an Aadhaar Virtual ID. This will, in turn, make the entire process seamless and secure for the customers.
In case, this is your first time hearing about an Aadhar Virtual ID, then make sure you read this post till the end. By doing so, you will be saved from Aadhar card download online by name and date of birth, now and then.
What is Virtual ID of Aadhar card?
An Aadhaar Virtual ID or VID is a new service started by the UIDAI department. With the help of this particular service, you will be able to generate a 16 digit virtual ID. This virtual ID can be used in place of your Aadhar card number.
In other words, whenever you are trying to get something verified with the help of your Aadhar card number, you can try submitting a VID instead. This will make sure, that you do not have to give your original Aadhaar Card number to random strangers.
The virtual ID of Aadhar card can be generated multiple times through the UIDAI portal. Besides, it will be valid for 24 hours, which means you can use it at your own convenience within the given time frame.
However, as of now, not everyone is capable of accepting a VID from the customer. This is because they would have to transfer to a new platform to offer this service. Still, there are a lot of places where you can use the Aadhar Virtual ID.
How to Generate Virtual Aadhar ID?
Since the service of Aadhar Virtual ID is relatively new, it is possible that you might not know how to generate the same. For this reason, we have included a step-by-step guide in this article. It will help you understand the process of producing an Aadhar Virtual ID with total security.
1. The first step is to reach the UIDAI website. It is the only source where you can generate an Aadhaar Virtual ID. So, make sure that you’re careful about fake sites.
2. On the bottom of the page, you will be able to find “Generate Virtual ID” tab. Click on the link to reach the next page.
3. Once you reach the VID generator page, you will find a login option. All you need to do is fill-in your Aadhar card number along with the security captcha.
4. Now click on send OTP button, so that, you are able to receive the one time password on your registered mobile number.
5. After you receive the OTP, write it down in the given field, and select the “Generate Virtual ID” option.
6. After submitting the request, your Aadhaar Virtual ID will be generated and sent to the registered mobile number.
The entire process takes less than five minutes to complete, making it one of the easiest ways of securing your Aadhar details. Moreover, due to the use of virtual ID, no one will be able to hack through your Aadhaar profile ever.
The Bottom Line
If you are tired of e aadhar card download online by name and date of birth again and again; this article must have helped you a great deal. So the next time you want to share your Aadhaar number with anyone, try using the Virtual ID service.